- Local: Furnace Stores and Post Office is 3 miles north of Minard (heading towards Inveraray) and is open daily 9-5 (Post Office service, Monday-Friday only). The shop sells newspapers, confectionary and convenience shop items, plus midge spray in the season. It holds an alcohol licence and serves hot food.
- There is also a post office service in Minard village hall on Thursday mornings from 10-12.
- Inveraray: Inveraray (11 miles north) has a Co-op supermarket and a convenience shop – The Tipsy Laird.
- Lochgilphead: (13 miles south) is the main town locally for shopping and has a larger Co-op, a small Tesco and a variety of locally owned shops including clothing, deli, gifts, cafes etc
- Ferguson’s in Lochgilphead is both a greengrocers and independent butcher.
- Marmalade Deli, is an independent deli offering a range of fresh local bread, cheeses and other goodies.
- Fynest Fish, fresh fish, veg, local produce and deli items: deliver to the village every Friday. ‘Fish O’clock’ for final orders in 1pm on the Monday prior to the Friday. Order via https://fynestfish.com
- Fresh fish: Fynest Fish (as above), Murrays in Lochgilphead or the famous Loch Fyne Oyster Bar, Cairndow (21 miles north of Minard). Tarbert is renowned for fresh fish; ask a local to get the best of that day’s catch (I always ask at WK Soudan’s Newsagents and Post Office in the village).
Eating out, swimming and sports
For more information please take at a look at Things to see and do as this has links to more local attractions and activities.