Who we are
When we collect data from you
Whenever we collect information about you we will tell you at least:
- Who we are
- Why we are collecting your information
- What we will do with it
- If we will share it (and who we share it with)
- The legal basis for processing your information
We will always give you the opportunity to opt in or out of any future direct marketing from us when you provide us with your information and in any additional contact you receive from us.
What information will we collect about you?
- Contact information (eg name, postal address, email address, phone number)
- Bank account or credit/debit card details and other financial information to allow us to process your bookings
Why do we ask for this information?
We will ask for your contact details so that we can:
- respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
- to contact you about your booking or other services requested by you
- evaluate customer satisfaction
- to keep our records up-to-date for audit purposes
We will ask for financial information so that we can process payments from you or to you.
The legal basis for processing your information used by us are:
- consent – for marketing and regular newsletters
- contract – for your booking and any services provided by us for you, whether a fee is paid or not
- legal obligation – for records that are required to be kept by law, for example financial records
- legitimate interests – for essential processing by third parties to enable us to provides services to you. these partners include Zen Internet for our web hosting and e-mail, Stripe for processing credit card payments, Google Analytics for gathering statistics about web site usage and Freetobook, Airbnb and Tripadvisor for booking services and reviews.
You have the right to ask us to remove your data from our contact database at any time.
Where we collect information about you
We will ask you to provide information for instance, when you contact us by telephone, if you submit a ‘contact us form’, enter a competition, or complete a survey. If you ‘like’ or ‘follow’ any of our social media accounts (such as Facebook and Twitter) we will collect information about this (including any posts you ‘like’ or share). We may use this information to provide you with more personalised advertising and to understand how people are using the information we publish on social media. You can change your settings within your social media accounts to set how organisations can target advertising to you through them.
Sharing information about you
We sometimes use other companies and organisations (third parties) to process personal information for us. For example we use third parties to process credit card payments.
We will also share information about you when we are required to so by law or if we have your permission to do so.
We will only send you direct marketing information if you have opted-in to receive this information when you provided your contact details, or when you have specifically asked us to send you direct marketing.
You have the right to stop us using information about you for direct marketing purposes. You can do this at any time even if you previously consented to receive direct marketing. If you wish to change your marketing settings either select the link included in emails or contact us directly to let us know. We will change your setting as soon as we are able and at least within 28 days.
Access to your information
You have the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask for proof of your identity before we supply a copy of any personal information and may charge a £10.00 administration fee to process the request.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Data for bookings is also retained indefinitely to allow for ongoing analysis fo booking performance for the cottage. These records can be anonymised on request – unless there is a legal or legitimate interest reason to retain that data.